28 September 2010

What it's all about


The Big Gay Wedding Project is my way to do my bit for the gay rights movement. Unfortunately, I have no previous experience doing anything remotely non-profit, so not only is this going to be a project but a bit of an experiment as well.

The idea is that I spend the next year providing free photography services to gay and lesbian couples across Ireland on their wedding days. I use the word "wedding," of course, because despite the fact that gay marriage legislation still has yet to go through here in Ireland, that is, to me at least, what the ceremony is. A wedding. Also, the phrase "commitment ceremony" has too many syllables in it. At the end of 2011/ beginning of 2012, I'd like to hold an exhibition, with all proceeds going towards the Irish Marriage Equality Campaign and BeLonG To.

I intend to use this blog to document my progress and hopefully gain a few much needed contacts along the way. I'm currently in need of sponsers, funding, and LOTS of gay couples from across the country. Since I'm at the very beginning of all this, any input on how to make the Big Gay Wedding Project as big and gay as possible would be greatly appreciated. Or even if you just want to show your support, you can contact me at ShawnaScottPhotos@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment